Saturday, August 13, 2011

Good and bad trainers.(for the ppl)?

My best instructor by far was my first one. Her name was Jessica, and she taught me almost everything I know about horses. She always got me to try new things, and would work one on one with me many times. After a new horse I rode took off on me the first time I rode her, she talked me into riding her again. Because of that I fell in love. I still remember the grueling lessons of having to post without stirrups. I hated them, but in return I became a better rider. (Once I began riding lessons I was so happy that I would not have to have posting lessons anymore lol). My worst instructor was when Jessica got thrown from her horse, and wasn't able to instruct for a few months. The instructor was a young adult, and all she cared about was the money. After every lesson she would come up to me and har me about why I haven't paid. When I clearly told her that my parents always pay at the end of the month. Plus, she wasn't a paid employee so I knew I shouldn't be paying her. For the few weeks she taught me, I dreaded going to the barn. She was very strict, and did not know how to work with me. What got me to go there was the fact that I was doing it for the horses. I always gave the money to Jessica's daughter, and in the end Jessica came back and all was well again!

No comments:

Post a Comment