Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hospital bill, is it still my responsibility?

Ok, here's my situation. I am a nursing student and I was on the OB floor for my clinical rotation and was observing a procedure to which I ended up blacking out. From what the doctors and nurses told me when I woke up on the floor that I slammed my head in the back of the wall and collapsed to the floor. My nursing instructor told me I needed to go down into the ER to get checked out and I ended up getting a CT scan and an xray of my backside. Well my head checked out ok, but I ended up fracturing my coccyx bone. So now I have the hospital bill and my question is, is even though this happened while I was in the hospital on school hours, am I still responsible for paying the bill? The bill is $500 and I can't really afford it because I am a college student. Your answers are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment